Monday, June 13, 2011

Well scripted Father's Day

This is the Father's Day card I made for my dad last year.  I do struggle with masculine cards.  Men just don't appreciate ribbon and buttons.  I had seen this concentric circle design on Mary Fish's blog (if you haven't seen her blog it is amazing...I'm totally jealous of her new stamp space and that she lives in Tucson, AZ).  Mary recommended a geometric pattern.  My dad has always been a great woodworker and when I saw these sheets of veneer in Archivers I knew I had to incorporate it somehow into his card.  Not too many other details to provide as it is an easy to follow design and layout but if you have any questions please let me know.
Stop by tomorrow and I'll show you this year's design.  I was lazy this year and made all three the same (DH, DF, and FIL)

No comments:

Post a Comment