Monday, January 31, 2011

7 gypsies tray

I have to say that the first few times I saw these trays I wasn't impressed.  I am not a huge fan of shabby chic and tons of embellishments.  Something caught my eye when Archivers did a contest and I decided to give it a try.  I used my coupon and decided it would make a cute holiday decoration/gift.  My mom loved it and added her own touches to a few of the spaces.  The glass work you see is done by my dad.  He is an amazing artist in glass and has a small side business making everything from windows to fused plates and ornaments.  He even makes memorial stepping stones for folks whose beloved animals have gone to heaven.
Most of the pictures are of my son (his initial is N) but there is one of me.  The DSP is retired but gave us the color combo of baja breeze and riding hood red.  The stamp set of the little boy and dog is from My Favorite Things.  The snowmen are from SU.  The ornament punch and bird punch are also both SU as is the season's greetings sentiment at the top.  I can definitely see myself doing some more of these in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment