Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Happy New Year

I guess it's too late to say I resolve to blog more.  That is a goal of mine but the holidays were of course busy and then came a flu/cold bug to my house that we are now just getting over.  I have two cards I want to show you over the next few days.  One is a valentine and the other is a kid's thank you.  My son's 3rd birthday was on Dec 12th and if I can find that card I'll post it as well.  For today I hope you enjoy my new seasonal blog header.  I love greeting card kids and it is on my wish list when sale-a-bration starts in a few weeks.  Tomorrow I plan on taking a trip to Archivers and I have to get my hands on the Tim holtz rosette die.

Of course the most exciting news happened late last night when my alma mater Auburn University won the BCS National Championship.  War Eagle!

The Auburn Creed
I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn.  Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.
I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully.
I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men.
I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports to develop these qualities.
I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all.
I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness to all.
I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God"
And because Auburn men and women believe in these things, I believe in Auburn and love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment