Friday, February 25, 2011

Friends are Flowers that never fade






Today I spoke with a "new friend" Dawn.  I've followed her blog for a long time and after talking on the phone with her she is exactly what I thought she would be...a sweetie!  Keeping with the girl scout song...."make new friends but keep the old...one is silver and the other gold".  Here is the latest project from my desk.  Last weekend we shopped at the mall and got a few freebies (w/ purchase) from Crabtree and Evelyn.  Of course I could just toss these at my friends and they would love them but why not dress them up a little. Start with a piece of CS 4 inches by 8 1/4.  Score at 2 3/4 then 2 3/4 from that score line.  Fold the third section in and make a mark 1 inch up from the bottom.  Draw a line from that point to the top right corner and cut that off.  Using scor tape or sticky strip along the bottom edge and the 1 inch edge.  Decorate the front as you like.  I've used the greenhouse gala DSP and used the friends never fade stamp embossed in white on pumpkin pie.  I put two pieces of sticky strip on the bottom and pleated a scrap of pumpkin pie ribbon.  I added 2 of the glimmer brads for interest.  I have been experimenting with off centered main images lately and really liking the results.  Come back tomorrow for another card!

No comments:

Post a Comment