Monday, February 7, 2011

MFT challenge week #5

Numbering the weeks is going to make this year go quickly.  Here we are with another try at the My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch challenge.  This one was a bit of a challenge for me.  I will always reach for a standard size 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 card when other sizes are so much fun as well.  My next favorite size is 3 x 3 but this sketch and image needed to be 5 x 5.  The base is choc. chip and the DSP is retired from SU in the colors kiwi kiss (miss you) and riding hood red.  The MFT set is snow boy and dog.  I LOVE this set and used it for my Christmas Cards this year.  His sweater, scarf and hat are paper pieced and the rest is copics.  His boots are with the black glaze pen.  The ribbon is SU riding hood red and is still on their clearance for 1.99 for 10 yards!  I also used a new product that I've been eyeing since I was in Japan (7 years ago)...liquid applique.  I know I should have discovered this sooner because I LOVE IT.  It is on his hat pom-pom.  The button has a flower but I think of snowflakes as winter flowers.  I figured so much of the country had snow I might as well pull this guy out again.  Thanks for looking,  Come back tomorrow as I hope to have some Valentine projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment