Thursday, February 10, 2011

Make someone's day

Today I took this treat to the post office.  I was also trying to mail a package but their machine didn't work.  I left the treats and the worker told me "you made my day".  How nice.  The original idea is from Inking Idaho's Becky Roberts.  I adore her work and her tutorials especially at Christmas.  It is two Hershey nuggets held together with a glue dot (can't live without those).  The CS wrapper is 1 1/4" by 4 1/2 ".  Don't adhere this directly to the nuggets.  Then you cut a piece of CS to slide under the nuggets (see previous direction) and trace the outline and cut.  Glue one end up to make the back of the mailbox and leave the other end open.  I used a small brad and the small heart from the heart trio punch for the " handle".  Then with a piece of DSP cut 1 inch by 4 1/2 inch wrap around the nuggets but don't adhere.  Mark on the DSP where you want your flag attached and punch a hole with your small paper punch.  The flag handle is 1/4 inch and the flag is 3/4 by 1/2 inch.  attach hearts to the flag, flag to the pole and pole to the DSP before gluing the DSP to the CS.  I hope this makes sense.  I will probably do these as my son's valentines in the future but it does take a little time to do (not a Sunday night at 7pm gotta have 30 of them by tomorrow).  Enjoy and go out there and make someone's day.  I'll be leaving one in our mailbox for the mailman Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment