Thursday, February 24, 2011

Welcome daughter

Another baby card...my goodness...romance was in the air about 10 months ago huh?  This card is for a co-worker of my husband.  Her shower is next week so I'll be making a diaper cake and a hat again.  I also want to try 2 other craft endeavors but I'll reserve letting you in on them until I can try them out.  This card came together pretty quickly because I followed my own advice...if you're going to make one card ...make two.  The last time I had this set out I stamped and made an extra boy and girl image.  The base is pretty in pink with a layer of certainly celery DSP.  Then the main image is on so saffron DSP and CS.  The side is embellished with PIP punched with scallop edge punch then some PIP stripe ribbon.  The pink rose is made from felt cut with the MFT rolled rose die.  The center always needs something and this time I rolled it fairly loose so the epoxy brad fit perfectly.  To add to the flower element I punched two "branches" from the bird punch.  I felt this sentiment went perfect with the flower embellishment.  Thanks for looking. Come back tomorrow for my first "tutorial".

No comments:

Post a Comment