Saturday, February 26, 2011

Greenhouse Gala meets Elegant lines

This card was inspired by a design on Splitcoast http://jentimko.stampincorner.com/2010/09/29/birthday-flowers/.  When I pulled out this DSP the other day to make the book mark card it seemed to hang out on my desk for a while longer.  The base is baja breeze and embossed with the elegant lines embossing folder from SU.  I added a small strip of pear pizzaz (trying to make my few sheets go as faaaaar as possible).  then I overlaid a scrap strip of choc chip stripe ribbon.  Yes I have a LOT of scraps.  I keep all my SU ribbon scraps in an old plastic jar.  It's amazing what you can do with an inch or two or three.  The flowers were "fussy cut" and popped up on dimensionals.  I added some chocolate pearls to the top and there you have it.
I think the only improvement would be to add some glimmer mist.  This is the perfect card for a birthday, thinking of you, get well or sympathy.  This one is a sympathy card for a co-worker from my days as an ortho nurse on the Gulf Coast.  Miss Anne will really be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment